|May 12, 2012||to||May 13, 2012|
Art Gallery of NSW Open Weekend to celebrate redesigned Australian galleries with a festival of over 60 free events.
- Open Weekend 12-13 May 2012
AGNSW Open Weekend will have over 60 events including performances, workshops, films, family activities and talks reveal the astonishing diversity of art born from our distinctive Australian culture and landscape.
Families can explore the new galleries with a limited-edition children’s activity booklet (only available on the Open Weekend), or by joining our Gallery character, Gert by Sea, on a tour.
Also on show are two related exhibitions celebrating Australian art.
There’s something happening every half hour, so take a look at the full program to plan your visit.
- Thomas Keneally: colonial Australia
- Talks on the Australian collection
- Richard Gill: Australian stories through music
- Andrew Sayers on Sidney Nolan
- Australian artists and curator panel
- Kelp weaving with Vicki West
- Warren Fahey and The Larrikins
- Music by Wes Carr
- Flautist Jane Rutter
- Music by Holly Throsby
- Magic, mime & illusion – The Etcetera Duo
- Wendy Whiteley on Brett Whiteley
- Gert By Sea – interactive tour
- Outsiders in Australian cinema
- Prints & drawings talks in the study room