|January 24, 2014||to||February 9, 2014|
* SYDNEY Chinese New Year 2014
Chinese Year of the Horse 2014 events in Sydney - breakdancers, traditional drummers, swirling lions and non-stop Asian pop will kick off Sydney’s Chinese New Year Festival in spectacular style at the Chinese New Year Markets.
- 24 January – 9 February 2014
- Belmore Park in Haymarket
- Festival Launch 6-8pm on Friday 24 January
Chinese New Year 2014 festival launch will feature live performances that ring in the sounds of Asia, including the beats of traditional Chinese drummers.
- Compartmentalized, will bring together champion Chinese and Australian breakdancers to stretch the boundaries of physical theatre.
- SBS PopAsia radio crew will blast non-stop contemporary Asian pop to keep the crowds moving, with a heated search for Sydney’s 2014 Chinese New Year Karaoke Champion taking place on Saturday evening.
- On Saturday, kids can share in the wonder of Lunar New Year with a puppet-making workshop and puppet show. Then on Sunday, adults can wind down with a taste of Asian culture as part of an evening outdoor film screening.
- 18 food stalls selling classic Asian dishes from juicy dumplings to sizzling stir-fries, family and friends can come together and enjoy all the exciting features on offer.
- Visitors to the markets can also learn how to recreate these unique flavours in their own kitchen, with the AYAM Kitchen offering live demonstrations from top chefs including festival ambassador Chui Lee Luk sharing their secrets to achieving an authentic Asian taste.
- Visitors can also take a piece of Asia home with a huge range of stalls selling traditional New Year’s gifts.
- All Events