|October 28, 2011||to||November 5, 2011|
* SYDNEY Tweet
Manly Council hosting special ‘GRANDPARENTS DAY’ tea parties and story time!
- 28 October 2011 Afternoon Tea
- 3 + 5 November 2011 Grandparents Morning Tea
Manly Council’s Roundhouse Childcare Centre, Before & After School Care Service, Manly Community Pre-schools and Manly Library are getting into the spirit of NSW Grandparents Day by hosting a series of special ‘Grandparents or Grand Friends’ events, including tea parties and story book readings!
Premier, the Hon. Barry O’Farrell MP, recently announced the creation of a NSW Grandparents Day to be held annually on the last Sunday of October.
“The inaugural Grandparents Day day will be held this year, on Sunday 30 October, so in recognition of the significant contribution that this special group of people have in the lives of the littlest members of our community, Council services are extending an invitation on behalf the children at each service to their special ‘Grandparents or Grand Friends’,” said Mayor of Manly (and proud grandparent), Councillor Jean Hay.
“The tea parties and story book reading provide an opportunity for grandparents and ‘grand friends’ to enjoy another aspect of their grandchildren’s world and will be a wonderful opportunity for both the grandparents and grandchildren to spend some ‘quality time’, together, too!
Events will be by invitation to ‘Grandparents or Grand Friends’, and include:
- Afternoon Tea at the Roundhouse Childcare Centre – Friday 28 October
- Afternoon Tea at Before & After School Care – Friday 28 October
- Manly Community Pre-schools ‘Grandparents Morning Tea’. Grandparents are invited to come and interact with their grandchildren between 10am and 11:30am on Wednesday 3 and Friday 5 November.
- Manly Library invites Grandparents to accompany grandchildren in children’s reading sessions in the week of NSW Grandparents Day.
“Grandparents play an invaluable role in families, enriching the lives of their grandchildren and other children in the community by providing care, mentoring and stability,” said Councillor Hay.
For information, contact Manly Council on 02 9976 1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Events