Exclusive hair maintenance tips for MiSociety readers Tweet
Tips on great hair from Australia’s foremost hairdresser, John Azzi.
John Azzi has been in the hairdressing biz for 30 years and knows all the clues to ensuring a fabulous hairdo all-year-round, so here are his hair care hints for a head start this year.
The first plan of attack is to invest in a good haircut.
“If you have a good haircut then you don’t need to spend a fortune on hair products and hair styling tools to maintain your hairstyle and look great. Spending a little extra on a good cut is an investment in looking your best,” John says.
1. Washing your hair everyday using a mild shampoo or a shampoo recommended for your hair type.
2. Sitting in the sun for an hour a day will stimulate your scalp but make sure to use a sun protector for your hair and body
3. John recommends swimming in the ocean. This will circulate the blood in your scalp but try to avoid chlorine swimming pools and always remember to use the recommended shampoos for your hair type.
4. To avoid split ends avoid combing your hair whilst its wet especially if its bleached or tinted and always use a wide tooth comb.
5. Try to give your hair a protein treatment at least once a week – it will restore your damaged hair and add shine.
6. Should you have curly or unruly hair John Azzi recommends Keratin treatments, which will make your hair more relaxed, therefore more manageable. Keratin treatments are also fantastic for restoring bleached hair.
7. Find yourself an amazing colorist for the summer or get your current colorist to start your foils from the side of your head - this will add a shimmer effect to your foils for summer
8. Avoid direct heat such as blow drying as it can dry out the scalp. Be sure to add a heat protector to your hair first and use a brush with wide bristles to achieve that perfect beach look.
9. Why not try a new restyle and hair color for the season - a change is ‘as good as a holiday’.
10. Remember to take some time out to regenerate and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul and, in-turn, your hair.
About John Azzi:
John Azzi is currently celebrating his 30th year of maintaining the locks of his many, longstanding and loyal, clients. John’s passion for hairdressing is not only about transforming people, but it’s also about educating them on how they can look their best while at the same time making them feel that little bit ‘extra’special’.
John has conducted TV makeovers and worked the Melbourne Fashion week for the last 10 years. With an European background, John draws inspiration from Europe while steadily building his presence throughout Asia. John represented Australia as part of the World Hairdressing championships in Japan and was also one of the only three judges, invited from around the world, to choose the winner of the ‘Shade of the World’ competition. John Assi’s hair seminars in Asia are attracting large audiences.
John Azzi uses his expertise in the training and development of the new generation of hairdressers. As a representative of Schwarzkopf, John conducts seminars for advanced colour, cutting, staff training and motivation on their behalf.
John has now ventured into corporate training holding grooming workshops for companies such as the Commonwealth Bank whilst also running his personal, professional image and grooming consultancy.
“Your image is your key to success. Social and business graces are assets no-one can afford to be without in today’s corporate world. To complete the winning package and create a lasting impression one must always be impeccably groomed”.
A family man, John shares his life with his partner and young son and loves the outdoors astride his favourite horse.
John Azzi Salon Hours and Information:
Level 11, 61-63 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000Tel: 02 9231 5464
Manly: Shop 15A, 17-23 Wentworth St, Manly NSW 2095 Tel: 02 9977 9199
Mosman Village Plaza: Level 1, Shop 11, 3 Mandalong Rd, Mosman NSW 2088
Tel: 02 9969 9653
For further information please visit: www.johnazzi.com.au.
- HAIR n BEAUTY Tips