|November 19, 2011|
* SYDNEY Tweet
Refresh your wardrobe for FREE this National Recycling Week!
- Saturday 19 November 2011 – 10am-12 noon
- Queenscliff Surf Life Saving Club (North Steyne, Ocean Beach)
Bookings are essential, however participation in the ‘Swap to Shop: Clothes Swap’ is free.
Registration is required between 10am – 10.30pm on the day and swapping will commence at 10.30am and finish at 12 noon.
Guide to Clothes Swapping:
- Clothes Swapping is open to men, women and children (children’s clothing may only be swapped for children’s clothing).
- The garment check-in process can take up to 30 minutes at the start of the swap (10am – 10.30am), so please arrive at 10am.
- Maximum of 8 items/person.
- Only garments (including shoes and bags) in good condition, clean and folded or pressed will be accepted for swapping.
- We cannot exchange undergarments, swimwear, tracksuits, leggings/stockings etc.
- Be prepared to part with items that you bring as once they are registered they will most likely be gone by the time you are finished swapping.
- In the case that you don’t find clothes you like it is recommended that you swap your tokens with any items and bring them along to our next swap.
- Any remaining clothes will be donated to charity.
- Once you have your new wardrobe, you then proceed to the check-out!
Don’t forget to bring a reusable bag to take home your new treasures.
For further information or to RSVP please contact Manly Council’s Green Up Your Life! Team on 9976 1500 or email to Celia.Cameron-Smith@manly.nsw.gov.au
Clothes Swaps are run quarterly as part of Manly Council’s Green Up Your Life! Sustainable Living program. See www.manly.nsw.gov.au/environment/climate-change-and-sustainability/workshops/
- All Events