|March 1, 2013||to||March 24, 2013|
* SYDNEY Art Month 2013
Art Month 2013 is a Sydney wide celebration of contemporary art with 300 Exhibitions. 200 Events. 100 Art Spaces. Grab your friends and come along – you will be surprised what’s happening
- 1– 24 March 2013
Sydney Art Month 2013 invites audiences to celebrate the talent, inspiration and excellence of contemporary artists creating great work in this city. This year is the most innovative and dynamic yet with over 300 exhibiting artists, 200 art events and 100 art spaces across Sydney.
Highlights in the first week of events include:
- Two’s Company: A special in-conversation event with leading creative partners, including artist Nell and Chef Kylie Kwong; artists Claire Healy and Sean Cordeiro and father daughter artists Michael Snape and Agatha Gothe Snape; They discuss the inspiration, challenges and delight of working as a dynamic duo. Takes place on 6 March at Sullivan + Strumph gallery.
- BUY ART TOUR: My First Time. Buying your first artwork? Feeling all alone and not sure where to start looking? Take an introductory tour of some of Sydney’s friendly fine art galleries in Paddington and Darlinghurst where you will see behind the scenes into stockrooms and hear tips on buying for any budget. Take place 2 March and starts at gallery 9.
- Make a Mark – Women in the Arts: On International Women’s Day Art Month profiles a handful of high profile women in the arts today, celebrating the inspiring success stories of local women who have made an impact on the Australian art world. Taking place at Carriageworks on 9 March.
- Art Crawl – Rozelle: Parents and babies take a gentle, pram-friendly gallery tour through Rozelle. They can visit three renowned galleries, Tali, Kate Owen & Artereal and end up in a coffee shop stop. The tour starts from Artereal Gallery and takes place on 6 March.
- ART CYCLE. Back by popular demand! See the best local galleries on two wheels and join a cycling tour that will take you into the heart of Sydney’s vibrant art neighbourhoods, 2 March and explore Zetland and surrounding galleries (other cycle tour dates and locations throughout March can be found online).
- Felt Tip Super Heroes, For kids aged 4-8. TextaQueen is Australia’s felt-tip super-hero. In this portraiture drawing workshop, TextaQueen will help kids express their own super-identities. Takes place on 2 March at Sullivan + Strumph gallery.
- ART AT NIGHT- Precinct party: Grab some friends and have a local DIY art adventure in your neighbourhood from 6 to 8pm and then head to the Art Bar for drinks and music till late. Taking place on 7 March (Paddington/Woollahra) and 8 March (Alexandria/Waterloo).
Sydney Art Month 2013 – Sydney’s Largest Annual Celebration of Contemporary Art and these are just a few highlights from a very comprehensive program. : www.artmonthsydney.com.au.Share