|May 26, 2015||to||November 29, 2015|
* SYDNEY Centennial Parklands
What’s On at Centennial Parklands Sydney. Events for Kids, Adults, Seniors, Everyone. Banksia Babies, Science in the Swamp, Birdwatcher’s Breakfast, Astronomy, Mums Group Fitness, Horse Riding, Senior Golf Classes and more.
- May – November 2015
- Centennial Parklands
|10 reasons to get outdoors in Centennial Parklands this winter!
|One of Sydney’s best event calendars for kids and adults alike has just been released with over 50 events and activities to choose from. Centennial Parklands’ Winter What’s On program truly has something for everyone.
- NEW – Banksia Babies a new spin-off from the hugely popular Banksia Buddies. Aimed at ‘mobile’ babies aged 9 months to 2 years, this activity engages parents and bubs through guided movement and songs, followed by discovery play with a nature treasure basket and sensory tubs. Read more.
- Keep the school-aged kids entertained with one of the best school holiday programs on offer in Sydney. Kicking off Monday 29 June, this season features all the best nature and science based activities and more. View the full school holiday program here.
- Celebrate National Science Week with our FREE Science in the Swamp community event and the return of the famous ERTH dinasours (see image right) on Saturday 15 August. Read more.
- Join expert birdwatcher Trevor Waller on the ever-popular Birdwatcher’s Breakfast. This early morning guided tour showcases some of the Parklands migratory and resident land and water birds. Read more.
- Explore CentennialPark at night on a Spotlight Prowl, learn the tricks of the trade at Peter Solness Night Photography Workshop or attend our newest night event, Astronomy in the Park, where you can stargaze from one of darkest locations in Sydney. View night tours here.
- Seniors will love Moore Park Golf’s Senior Golf Classes held every Thursday from 10-11am held on our picturesque public golf course located minutes from the CBD. Find out more.
- Love horses? We have Park Rides, Pony Rides, Horse Riding Camps, FREE Horse Management Talks and more! Learn about our Equestrian offerings here and watch what you will experience here.
- A new offering in CentennialPark in 2015 is Mums Group Fitness – a fantastic (and fun!) outdoor training group for mums with free active nanny care during your session. Read more.
- Don’t miss the fresh produce and delicious food on offer every Wednesday and Saturday from the EQ Village Markets in Moore Park. Read more.
- Interested in the conservation of the Earth’s biological diversity? Meet like-minded people at our Conversation Café and hear about the work being done in the Sydney region and beyond. Read more.
Bookings are now open.
Visit centennialparklands.com.au/whatson for the full winter program.
|About Centennial Parklands
- Centennial Parklands (www.centennialparklands.com.au) is one of Australia’s most popularly visited destinations.
- Centennial Parklands is the birthplace of modern Australia – as Centennial Park was the site of the inauguration of Federation of Australia on 1 January 1901.
- An estimated 20 million visits were made to the Parklands in the last 12 months.
- Over 360 hectares, and less than 10 minutes from the Sydney CBD, the Parklands incorporates Centennial Park, Moore Park and Queens Park.
- The Parklands is a major sporting facility for the community with over 560,000 registered sports participants using the Parklands every year.
- The Parklands includes Moore Park Golf (www.mooreparkgolf.com.au) and the Centennial Parklands Equestrian Centre (www.cpequestrian.com.au).
- Centennial Parklands a self-funded public parklands.
- At its peak, Centennial Parklands provides up to 2,000 jobs across its businesses and precincts.