|March 20, 2010|
Update your wardrobe for free. Brighten up your wardrobe, save money and help the environment by ‘swapping’ instead of ‘shopping’. Ladies, Mens and Children’s.
- Saturday 20 March 10-12noon (reg 10.00am)
- Queenscliff Surf Life Saving Club! FREE
Manly’s ‘Swap to Shop, Clothes Swap’ event! Then head to the beach…!
Brighten up your wardrobe, save money and help the environment by ‘swapping’ instead of ‘shopping’ for a new wardrobe at Manly Council’s next ‘Swap to Shop:
Clothes Swap’ from 10am – 12 noon on Saturday 20 March, at Queenscliff Surf Life Saving Club!
Bring along up to eight clean, good quality items you no longer want (including shoes, bags and hats) and hand them over to the staff in exchange for tokens.
Your items will be assessed for quality at the registration desk. You then browse through items brought by others, swapping your tokens back for items you want.
Participation is free. However, registration is required between 10am – 10.30am. Details are on the Manly Council website www.manly.nsw.gov.au
Swapping will begin at 10.30am and finish at 12 noon.
Guide to Clothes Swapping:
- Only garments in good condition, clean and folded or pressed will be accepted for swapping.
- We cannot exchange undergarments, swimwear, tracksuits, leggings/stockings etc.
- The garment check-in process can take up to 30 minutes at the start of the swap (10am – 10.30am), so please arrive at 10am.
- You can take up to three garments to try on at any one time, so that everyone has a chance at a successful swap.
- Once you have your new wardrobe, you then proceed to the check-out!
Clothes Swapping is for men, women and children (children’s clothing may only be swapped for children’s clothing).
Don’t forget to bring a reusable bag to take home your new treasures.Share
- All Events