|September 18, 2010|
Manly Community Centre – Swap to Shop: Clothes Swap
- Saturday 18 September 2010, 12pm – 2pm
- Bookings essential. Registration required
Participation is free. Bookings are essential. Registration is required between 12 noon – 12.30pm on the day and swapping will commence at 12.30pm and finish at 2pm.
Guide to Clothes Swapping:
· Clothes Swapping is open to men, women and children (children’s clothing may only be swapped for children’s clothing).
· The garment check-in process can take up to 30 minutes at the start of the swap (12pm – 12.30pm), so please arrive at 12pm.
· Maximum of 8 items/person.
· Only garments (including shoes and bags) in good condition, clean and folded or pressed will be accepted for swapping.
· Garments will be categorised according to a rough value, to allow for fair swapping i.e. no non-designer brand swapping for designer brand.
· We cannot exchange undergarments, swimwear, tracksuits, leggings/stockings etc.
· Be prepared to part with items that you bring as once they are registered they will most likely be gone by the time you are finished swapping.
· In the case that you don’t find clothes you like it is recommended that you swap your tokens anyhow with items of their value and bring them along to our next swap in 3 months time.
· Any remaining clothes will be donated to charity.
· Once you have your new wardrobe, you then proceed to the check-out!
Don’t forget to bring a reusable bag to take home your new treasures.
For further information or to RSVP please contact Manly Council’s Green Up Your Life! Team on 9976 1654 or 9976 1604.
Manly Community Centre
12 Wentworth St, Manly