Classical concerts at the Independent Theatre North Sydney
- Friday, 18 May at 8:00pm - Beethoven Violin Sonata Cycle
- Sunday, 13 May at 2:00pm - Amateur Chamber Musicians Soc. (ACMS)
- Saturday, 26 May at 8:00pm - The Metropolitan Orchestra
- Sunday, 20 May at 3:00pm - Concertante Ensemble
- Sunday, 27 May at 2:00pm - Sanctuary – Actors’ Forum
- Friday, 25 May at 7:30pm - The Fitzroy Ensemble
- Tuesday 29 May at 10:00am - Musica Viva – May Coffee Concert
Beethoven Violin Sonata Cycle
- Friday, 18 May at 8:00pm
The ‘Spring’ represents the transition into Beethoven’s middle period. This work abounds in youthful freshness and clarity of vision whilst the latter is more dramatic, deep in concept and grand in scale, reflecting Beethoven’s connection to humanity and expresses his universal vision and sense of destiny.
Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano Op 24 ‘Spring’
Beethoven: Sonata for Violin and Piano Op 47 ‘Kreutzer’
This program deals with the two most well known Sonatas for piano and violin.
Gerard Willems – Piano
Evgeny Sorkin – Violin
Amateur Chamber Musicians Soc. (ACMS)
- Sunday, 13 May at 2:00pm
The ACMS is a Sydney-based non-profit organisation of amateur chamber musicians which aims to promote the playing of chamber music.
The Metropolitan Orchestra
- Saturday, 26 May at 8:00pm
SIBELIUS Valse triste, op 44, no 1
MENDELSSOHN Violin Concerto, E minor, op 64
Violin: Katherine Lukey (Assistant Concertmaster, Sydney Symphony)
BEETHOVEN Symphony no 6, F major, op 68 (Pastorale)
- Sunday, 20 May at 3:00pm
Britten: Simple Symphony Op 4
Janacek: Suite for Strings
Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No 3 BWV 1048
Tchaikovsky: Souvenir de Florence
Sanctuary – Actors’ Forum
- Sunday, 27 May at 2:00pm
The Actors’ Forum presents David Williamson play directed by Jacqueline Kott.
Now in its 16th year, The Actors’ Forum continues to present professionally performed play readings to ever increasing and enthusiastic audiences at The Independent Theatre.
Experience what it would have been like in a studio of a radio play of old.
The Fitzroy Ensemble
- Friday, 25 May at 7:30pm
Franz Schubert: Quintet in A, D667, ‘Trout’
Antonin Dvorak: String Quintet No.2 in G Major, Op. 77
Musica Viva – May Coffee Concert
- Tuesday 29 May at 10:00am Morning tea will be served from 10am. Concert starts at 11am. Duration 1 hour.
AntonÃn Dvorak Five Bagatelles, op 47
Erwin Schulhoff Five Pieces
Jean-Philippe Rameau Conversation with the muses and Conversations of birds from Pieces for Keyboard
Astor Piazzolla Three Tango Sensations
The Independent Theatre 269 Miller Street North Sydney, NSW 2060
- All Events