|February 23, 2013|
* MELBOURNE Free Concert
White Night Melbourne, Australia’s first, to be a night like no other – a dusk-till-dawn celebration of
music, art, dining, theatre, sport, fashion, film, design and performance.
- 23 February 2013
- Flinders Street Station
White Night Melbourne 2013 will see Flinders Street Station transformed into a music amphitheatre hosting a free concert under the cover of darkness.
White Night Melbourne – the first event of its kind in Australia – will be a dusk-till-dawn celebration of music, art, dining, theatre, sport, fashion, film, design and performance.
Melbourne will join the ranks of 23 global cities – from Paris to Buenos Aires, Tel-Aviv to Toronto – in hosting similar all-night events as part of Nuit Blanche. Creative Director Andrew Walsh said the layered program would feature more than 100 local and international artists, activities and acts across 35 sites throughout the city centre.
Free program highlights of the dusk-till-dawn major event to include:
• giant glowing spheres floating on the Yarra River projecting images of love in Melbourne;
• stages set upon rolling tram cars on St Kilda Road featuring circus and musical snapshots;
• an inflatable cinema screen on Birrarung Marr;
• a Melbourne Conversations series hosted by John Safran featuring discussions around literature
and philosophy; and
• a giant outdoor dance event in Federation Square featuring hundreds of mirror balls and 12 different
White Night Melbourne will culminate with ‘Singing in the Sunrise’ – where musical acts and all White Night Melbourne artists will lead a procession from Flinders Street to Princes Bridge, to sing in the sunrise with attendees.
White Night Melbourne 2013 FestivalShare